Upcoming New 2011 acura RL Cars With Specification And Prices
This will be a big year for the Acura RL. Acura plans to give the RL an all-new look for 2011 as well as the automaker’s first-ever V8 engine option. Rumors are also circulating that the 2011 RL will be Acura’s first vehicle based on a rear-wheel-drive platform.
Acura’s flagship car in the North American market happens to be the Acura RL, which is sold under the label of Honda Legend in Japanese and other markets where the Acura brand doesn’t exist.
If you’re already impressed with the features tackled with the 2011 Acura RL so far, then brace yourself for what is underneath the hood. The standard model comes with 3.7-liter V6 engine with a maximum of 300 horsepower. In addition to the V6, there is also an option for consumers to upgrade into the V8. It is also equipped with an all-wheel drive system to improve handling ability and provide better traction
Acura’s flagship model, the RL, will get a V-8 when the next generation debuts sometime in 2011, Automotive News reports. Power and displacement are hush-hush, but the new engine should make far more than the current V-6’s 300 horsepower (305 in the TL). It will be Acura’s first production V-8.
* Pricing: the 2011 RL should start at about $47,100 MSRP; no invoice data available
* Fuel economy: current fuel economy car ratings are 16/22 mpg city/highway, but those numbers may improve with the introduction of more fuel-efficient powertrains. The V8 engine will have lower fuel economy ratings.
* Engine: 3.7-liter, 300-horsepower V6 or 4.8-liter, 420-horsepower V8
* Drivetrain: five-speed automatic transmission only option currently, but another transmission is likely to be paired with the V8 engine
* Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 7.2 seconds for V6 engine option; data unknown for V8 model
* Model lineup: three trim levels with V6 or V8 engine
* Car safety features: identical to those in 2010 model