Compass compact SUV, which receives more standard equipment and a substantially higher price.Jeep has released prices of its restyled
The entry-level Compass Base starts from $19,295, nearly $3,930 more than the 2010 Compass, excluding a $700 destination fee. Standard features include electrically adjustable/heated door mirrors, remote central locking, x4 electric windows, air-conditioning, roof rails, front fog lamps, cruise control, 60/40 split folding rear seats, 17” aluminium wheels, LED boot torch, and tinted glass.
New mid-spec Latitude features heated front seats, 115v auxiliary socket, leather steering wheel, and a fold-flat front passenger seat. This comes with a price-tag of $21,595, saving $255 over the 2010 Compass.
Flagship Limited trim-level has 18” aluminium wheels, 6CD autochanger, climate control, leather interior w/driver’s electrically adjustable seat, and auto-dimming rear-view mirror. The Limited will cost you $910 over the 2010 model, at $24,295.
All Compass’ are fitted with an upgraded 2.4 litre World Engine that develops 172bhp. A 2.0 litre 158bhp petrol engine is available on the base and Latitude. Excluding the entry-level model, the Compass is fitted with a CVT. A 5 speed manual is fitted elsewhere.
A host of optional extra are available, some cheaper than the 2010 Compass. These include a CVT transmission for the Base at $1,100. A satellite navigation system is offered at $685 and four-wheel drive will set you back $1,700.
• Continuously variable automatic transmission (base only): $1,100
• Four-wheel drive: $1,700
• Security Group Package: Curtain airbags, USB port, remote start, Bluetooth, alarm, auto-dimming rearview mirror: $1,195
• Sun and Sound Package: nine-speaker stereo, powered sunroof: $1,295
• Media Center Package: 30GB hard drive, touch-screen display: $640 (base, Latitude), $290 (Limited)
• Navigation System: $685
• Trail Rated Package: 140 amp alternator, four-wheel drive off-road mode, brake lock differential, engine oil cooler, fuel tank skid plate shield, full-size spare tyre, hill descent control, hill start assist, tow hooks, trailer tow wiring harness: $500 (four-wheel drive needed)